Australian band, Little May, unveiled the official video for their single ‘Dust‘ off their forthcoming self-titled EP, set for release through their new label home Capitol Records on October 14th. Little May will also make their live US debut in October including a CMJ show at Brooklyn’s Rough Trade with Cold War Kids on October 22nd, and additional shows on the east and west coast to be announced in the coming weeks.
The group collaborated with Melbourne based creative house Oh Yeah Wow to create a video for “Dust” that matches the otherworldly beauty of the track. The band had this to say about the video:
“Oh Yeah Wow were intrigued by the concept of how we, as viewers, are often more affected by the loss of an animal than of a human on screen. They wanted to explore the power in this, which we immediately connected to. There is a real purity and simplicity in the story. We felt like it was the best fit for this song”
The Sydney outfit – Hannah Field, Liz Drummond and Annie Hamilton – have been steadily building their live shows in their home country, with a successful headline run of the east coast last year in addition to appearances at Laneway Festival and Splendour in the Grass. Hailed as one of Australia’s breakout acts of 2014, Little May are well versed in capturing their audience with intricate lyrics and their haunting and harmonic melodies.
03. Midnight Hour
- Little May announce debut album and receive rave reviews for first US shows
- Acclaimed Sydney-based Little May announce debut album 'For The Company' and World Tour
- Sydney, Australia's Little May announces US dates, Bonnaroo and Gentlemen of the Road stopover
- Duncan Murray Drops Deep House Remix of Ofelia K's Sleeper Hit "Gone"
- Beck signs to Capitol Records; new album 'Morning Phase' out Feb 2014
- Fences teams up with Macklemore and Ryan Lewis release epic music video 'Arrows'