French experimental heavy-rock trio LizZard will release their second full-length album “Majestic” this Friday, October 17th, via Klonosphere Records (Klone, Trepalium, Hypno5e, Erlen Meyer), yet starting today, you can listen to the entire album exclusively via the biggest German metal site Metal.de here and Canada’s heavy-rock/metal authority PureGrainAudio here.
Following the release of 2012’s Rhys Fulber-produced album “Out Of Reach”, which garnered some highly positive reviews, Lizzard are now prepared to issue their second full-length “Majestic”, without a single doubt their most focused and accomplished effort to date.
Produced by the band, mixed by Sylvain Biguet (Klone, Trepalium), “Majestic” sees them taking the approach of their debut album, offering ten tracks of dark and strident alternative rock that will surely surprise fans of Tool, Karnivool, Deftones and other artists of that ilk.
This is certainly not a one-note band, nor are they merely parroting Tool by any stretch. They deftly dive in and out of genre staples while still staying securely rooted in their own sound.
Lizzard are simply here to rock in the only way they know how; they want to see your head banging, your fist pumping and for you to forget your troubles and lose yourself in the power of the riff.
I have never heard of LizZard before, but after a few spins I can’t stop singing their praises.
- Klonosphere Records release Free Christmas Sampler
- French progressive rock trio LizZard release new video and Euro tour dates with Soen
- Reptile Youth release full stream of new album 'Rivers That Run For A Sea That Is Gone'
- The Bastard Sons release 'Roads' Ep via Kaiju Records; stream now
- I Am The Avalanche release full stream of new album 'Wolverines' on I Surrender Records
- Dominique Young Unique releases lyric video for debut single 'Throw It Down'