London-based, Janie Price, aka Bird ‘s third album, Figments of Our Imagination is now available for pre-order on iTunes. The album, which was produced by legendary Rolling Stones board-man Chris Kimsey and mixed by Lee Groves, is set for release on September 18.
Bird unveiled another offering with the world premiere of the official video for “Thrill Me” To celebrate her much-anticipated third album, Bird will head to the states to showcase the new record for the first time at NYC’s Rockwood Music Hall (stage 2) on September 16.
On Figments of Our Imagination, Price showcases her musical prowess as she plays every recorded instrument herself. The half English/Irish musician picked up a cello and joined the local youth orchestra at age 6 and launched a professional career by age 18 when she recorded and composed strings for a UK rap act.
This heralded the start of a successful session career, which saw her singing and lending her talents to numerous signed artists, most notably doing a world tour for internationally acclaimed violinist Vanessa Mae and composing and recording for UK superstars Just Jack and Emeli Sande. Her debut album, The Insides, received critical acclaim overseas with Q Magazine declaring, “The Insides is an album you need in your record collection.
More U.S. tour dates to be announced this Fall.
- Oscar and the Wolf release 'Strange Entity' video and announce first London show
- LA/London goth band Die So Fluid release new video 'Black Blizzard'
- London punk band Pints release new video 'Holstenz'
- London female alternative band The Kut release new music video 'Mario'
- London duo NUDES release new live video and tour dates
- My Dying Bride shares video for title track from 'Feel the Misery' on Peaceville