Sonic Boom Six has kicked off a PledgeMusic campaign in a quest to raise the funds required to record their fifth studio album, titled ‘Operation Boombox’ to be released on Xtra Mile Recordings early in 2015. SB6 will be heading into the studio with acclaimed producer Dan Weller (Enter Shikari, Young Guns, Lost Alone) this August. Demos of the songs promise a return to ‘big ska, bouncy reggae and bouncing beats’ – a customary Boom change-in-direction from the electro rock of their last album ‘Sonic Boom Six’.
With all sorts of exclusives on offer such as t-shirts, a personal house show, or even Sonic Boom Six frontwoman Laila K getting the Pledger’s name tattooed on her, there are plenty of incentives to get people investing in this PledgeMusic campaign, ranging from a £5 ‘Operation Boombox’ mixtape right through to a £2000 Executive Producer credit. With 5% of any money raised after the goal is reached going to Teenage Cancer Trust and of course a new Sonic Boom Six studio album to look forward to, the campaign reached 35% of its goal within two days.
The band launched their campaign with a live video appeal in the form of a song, which you can see on YouTube HERE. ‘The Boom Needs You!’ proved so popular that the band remixed the track and SB6 is offering it as a free download in exchange for an email address, Tweet or Facebook share HERE.
You can visit the Sonic Boom Six Pledgemusic.com campaign page HERE
- The Rifles release deluxe edition of 'No Love Lost' to celebrate 10 years, May 4th on Cooking Vinyl
- L.A. Rockers THE CHIMPZ Announce PledgeMusic Campaign to Fund New EP
- Emery announce crowdfunding campaign, free download of new demo
- Kittie launch crowdfunding campaign to release Documentary & Book
- BLEED FROM WITHIN working on crowd-funded 4 song EP "Death Walk"
- Motorhead announce new album 'Bad Magic' and US tour dates