Villette is the solo project of Siné Buyuka, a London-based electronic music producer and DJ who have supported the likes of John Talabot, Metronomy, the XX and Jan Blomqvist in her hometown Istanbul. Her remixes and DJ mixes have been picked up by influential blogs like Do Androids Dance, The Techno Kittens, Acid Ted, Acid Stag and the House of Coxhead, which praised her as an ‘intelligent dance music producer to watch.’
The track ‘Untitled’ is a tribute to her favourite band Interpol, sampling the iconic guitar riffs from the original Untitled that opens one of the greatest albums of all time, ‘Turn On The Bright Lights’ that was released in 2002 on Matador to much critical acclaim. Having supported the singer Paul Banks with her former indie act Dancing Birds and having interviewed the band twice, she decided to showcase her appreciation of their signature dark riffs with this free download. She uses live strings to set the mood, builds the tension up with fleeting vocal samples of her own and let the guitars come in midway. Its tone is dark, moody, atmospheric and cinematic. It signals the start of a free download series before she releases her debut EP ‘Crossed Wires’ on her brand new electronic music label Injazero Records.
Villette is also a music journalist, having worked for Billboard, running Indie UK and writing for Lipstick Disco and the Ransom Note.
“…very classy…” – The House of Coxhead
“Capturing our attention with a frankly awesome remix of John Talabot’s dark and beautiful track ‘Without You’, we felt compelled to spread the word on this intelligent dance producer!” – The Noise Gate
“…hypnotic…” – Acid Ted
“Deep and melodic vibes that will make you feel good…” – The Techno Kittens
Interview and mix featured on The Ransom Note – http://www.theransomnote.co.uk/music/mixes/shine-a-light-on-villette/
- East London producer Ossie releases 'The Buzz' April 20 on Meno Records
- Grammy winning UK electronic trio NERO release new single 'The Thrill' on Cherrytree / Interscope
- Kid Creme releases free download of 'Sugarman'
- British-Japanese producer/DJ Maya Jane Coles releases video for title track of new album 'Comfort'
- Producer Jason Edward releases new Tiesto 'Red Lights' remix
- L.A. based producer and DJ Jack Cousteau dishes up 'Ghetto Code' on In The Loop