London hardcore four-piece Lay It On The Line are to re-release a brand new version of their 2012 demo, Midnight In The Bellagio. The ten song affair was originally release in 2012 by Aaahh!! Real Records on tape and to date has notched up well over 12,000 downloads.
Now, with producer Luke Yates (of Crazy Arm and The Human Project) at the helm to rework the tracks that the band originally mixed at home on their stereo, the London punks are giving the record the official release they feel it always deserved.
The original cassette tape demo was highly praised despite the poor production and saw Mike Davies at the BBC Radio 1 Punk Show play two of the tracks from it before the band had even played a show. Approached completely from scratch, all ten tracks sound infinitely larger and better demonstrate Lay It On The Line’s unique brand of intense hardcore and more ambient, melodic moments.
Midnight In The Bellagio is due to be released on the band’s own Fire Engine Red Records. It will be available digitally and on CD on September 1st. Pre-orders will be available soon.
The rest of the band’s output is currently available at http://layitontheline.bandcamp.com/album/the-first-two-eps.
- Lay It On The Line release 'Petticoat Lane' video ahead of UK/EU Tour
- UK Hardcore band Lay It On The Line release new track 'Laid Bare'
- Ludichrist re-release 'Immaculate Deception' and 'Powertrip double CD on Dead City Records
- Twelve Foot Ninja to re-release acclaimed debut album 'Silent Machine' on Volkanic Music
- Suicidal Records to re-release entire collective work my legendary crossover outfit No Mercy
- A Tribe Called Quest announces 25th Anniversary Campaign and debut album re-release