photo: Andrew Swanson
More Primitive finds Seattle’s Lonesome Shack exploring the depths of boogie and country blues. The trio’s sound is raw and immediate with finger-picked guitar lines, soulful crooning and big danceable grooves. Ben Todd’s introspective lyrics take the American blues tradition to a new level, examining personal history, loss of friends and a burning desire to get to the primitive core of life.
The band began in New Mexico’s Gila Wilderness where Ben Todd hunkered down in the shack he built and studied the music of the American folk and blues lineage. In 2008 Todd joined up with drummer Kristian Garrard in Seattle, and in 2011 bassist Luke Bergman became the third member.
Lonesome Shack’s More Primitive will be available on CD, digital formats and limited edition vinyl on May 20th through Alive Naturalsound Records.
MORE PRIMITIVE TRACK LISTING:
02 Head Holes
03 Old Dream
04 More Primitive
05 Die Alone
07 Chompin At The Noose
08 Trying To Forget
09 Big Ditch
FOR MORE INFO ON LONESOME SHACK:
FOR MORE INFO ON ALIVE RECORDS:
- Radio Moscow to release "Magical Dirt' in May on Alive Naturalsound Records
- Radio Moscow to release 'Magical Dirt' Jun.17 on Alive NaturalSound
- Alive NaturalSound Records to release 20th Anniversary vinyl only double album on Record Store Day
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Ingrid Michaelson releases 'Lights Out' Apr.15 on Cabin 24/Mom+Pop