Since the release of her debut album “Pure Heroine,” multi-platinum Grammy Award winning Lorde has continued to raise the bar with her chart topping music and sold out shows across the globe.
Last night, the New Zealand teen performed for the first time on American network television, her current single “Yellow Flicker Beat” on ABC’s American Music Awards. The track — taken from “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” soundtrack curated entirely by Lorde – debuted at #1 iTunes Soundtrack Singles Chart. Upon impacting airwaves “Yellow Flicker Beat” also made radio history by becoming the biggest single debut at alternative radio for a female artist.
Tomorrow night for the first time, Ella Yelich O’Connor will be a talking guest on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, she will also be performing her chart topping song “Yellow Flicker Beat” live on the show. The show airs at 11:35PM/10:35PM CT on NBC.
This week, “Yellow Flicker Beat” received the biggest sales jump from a movie opening in the history of the Hunger Games franchise, further igniting industry buzz surrounding the Academy and Golden Globe Award nominations for 2015.
Meltdown – Stromae ft. Lorde, Pusha T, Q-Tip & Haim
Dead Air – CHVRCHES
Scream My Name – Tove Lo
Kingdom – Charli XCX ft. Simon Le Bon
All My Love – Major Lazer ft. Ariana Grande
Lost Souls – Raury
Yellow Flicker Beat – Lorde
The Leap – Tinashe
Plan The Escape (Son Lux Cover) – Bat For Lashes
Original Beast – Grace Jones
Flicker (Kanye West Rework) – Lorde
Animal – XOV
This Is Not A Game – The Chemical Brothers ft. Miguel
Ladder Song – Lorde
- Beck announces upcoming tour dates; appearing on Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
- Chrissie Hynde confirms US TV appearances; Fallon and Colbert
- Echosmith perform on Fallon, VH1 You Oughta Know, set for Yahoo/Live Nation live-stream on 11/16
- Rixton to support Ed Sheeran on North American Summer tour
- One Direction announce NBC Primetime Special on Dec.23
- photos: Rock On The Range Festival 2015 part 2 credit Harley Hughes