Seattle’s CaviGold Records is proud to announce Lotus Crush’s sophomore album, Rabbit Hole —an 11-song sonically-vast musical journey led by Terry McDermott‘s powerful and wide-ranging vocals— will be released April 14. Lotus Crush is Scottish singer McDermott (runner-up of The Voice 2012, Driveblind), guitarist Peter Klett (Candlebox), drummer Scott Mercado (Candlebox), guitarist Island Styles (Jimmy’s Chicken Shack) and bassist Mark Mattrey. Recorded at Seattle’s iconic Robert Lang Studios, the studio utilized for classic albums from Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and more, Rabbit Hole is the finest work to date from the band of rock veterans.
The album is available for preorders now at iTunes.
In January, Entertainment Weekly exclusively debuted the exciting first video from Lotus Crush’s Rabbit Hole at EW.com. The “Hearts and Minds” video stars C Thomas Howell (The Outsiders, Red Dawn, Southland) as the leader of a totalitarian government and was described by EW.com as, “a surprisingly intense military mini-drama.” In December 2014, Yahoo Music debuted the audio of “Hearts and Minds,” and lauded McDermott’s “perfect set of pipes.” “Hearts and Minds” is available on iTunes now.
Lotus Crush’s evolution began on the road in 2006 when Driveblind toured Europe with Candlebox (Styles and Mattrey are recent additions to the band). While on tour, the artists shared a love of seminal British bands such as The Verve, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin and sowed what would be the seeds of a long-lasting relationship. The common influences of the band spurred the creative process and from their respective corners of the world (Seattle, Aberdeen and New Orleans) they went on to release their first project together, Half Light Morning in 2011. After getting together for what they thought was a single reunion show in 2014, the creative gears clicked and Lotus Crush was back.
Album art created by created by Nick van Hofwegen / Young & Sick.
- Rock Singer, Songwriter, Musician TERRY McDERMOTT Prepares To Release His New Single “Lose This Feeling” Out October 31
- Petty Fest 2014 Announces Los Angeles, Seattle and Chicago Shows
- Acclaimed Seattle artist Fences releases 'Arrows' featuring Macklemore and produced by Ryan Lewis
- Fences teams up with Macklemore and Ryan Lewis release epic music video 'Arrows'
- Fences announces Fall tour dates with Bear Hands
- Chaotic punks The Helm announce album pre-orders and 'Daymares (Symptoms Come to Light)' video