UK/LA-based synth-pop group Lovelife have released a new EP, Feel, featuring the track ‘Your New Beloved,’ which is currently iTunes Single of the Week with over 120,000 downloads so far. A rare achievement for an unsigned band. The EP contains two of the band’s 7-inch singles ‘Your New Beloved’ and ‘Dying To Start Again’ previously released on Neon Gold, which went Top 5 on the Hype Machine twice, as well as unreleased tracks, ‘Every Minute,’ which was a limited edition split 7-inch with The Neighbourhood, and new track, ‘Everybody Wants To Be Someone Else.’
The band spent the last half of 2013 on a sold-out national tour with The Neighbourhood and dates with AlunaGeorge behind their third EP, Stateless, and played a Los Angeles residency at The Bootleg this past November. They are currently in the studio working on their full-length debut, and will be embarking on a national tour in late spring. Details to follow.
Lovelife, comprised of Lee Newell, Ally Young, Frank Colucci and Sam Jackson, spent half of 2012 in New York City, where they played a string of dates in and around the city capped by a set of breakout performances at CMJ Music Marathon, earning praise from MTV Hive, Yours Tru.ly, Noisey, Under the Radar, Entertainment Weekly, and more. The band released two self-produced EPs in 2012 (El Regreso and The Fourth Floor), the latter on UK label National Anthem (HAIM, Chvrches), receiving over 1.2 million plays on SoundCloud and 50,000 downloads, and have now set up shop in Los Angeles to work on their full-length debut, set for release in 2014.
1. Your New Beloved
2. Dying to Start Again
3. Every Minute (previously unreleased)
4. Everybody Wants To Be Someone Else (previously unreleased)
For more info, please visit:
- Lovelife Adds West Coast Dates with AlunaGeorge + Ellie Goulding Remix
- Lovelife's 'Stateless' EP Out Today and Fall Tour with The Neighbourhood
- Canailles to release new album 'Round-Points' Apr.17 on Grosse Boite
- Black Object release debut self-titled EP on Subterra Records
- Dead Leaf Echo announce release of new EP Feb.25 on Moon Sound Records & US tour dates
- Brisbane/Sidney-based rock band Interim announce 'Metanarratives' release on June 12