Photo credit: Norman Wong
Pairing deliriously catchy pop melodies and pointed gender politics to the forefront of her music, 22-year old LOWELL is the newest signee to renowned indie label Arts & Crafts. With her debut EP I Killed Sara V. dropping February 25, Lowell’s refreshingly rebellious approach places her at the vanguard of her pop contemporaries.
Lowell previously unveiled EP opener “Cloud 69,” which instantly explodes with her riotous and sensual vocals, solidified with infectious, hook-laden honesty. Now, SPIN has unleashed “88”– another EP cut armed with her remarkable vocals that sear through erratic yet melodic percussion. “88”.
Lowell has already found success across Canada & Europe through the release of 2012’s If You Can Solve This Jumble, a collaborative mini-album which she wrote & recorded with the super group Apparatjik featuring Grammy Award-winning producer Martin Terefe with members of Coldplay, Mew, and A-ha. 2013 began with a self-financed UK tour as well as acclaimed appearances at CMJ & and shows across Europe. 2014 will undoubtedly find Lowell bringing her provocative music and politics to a larger audience.
Stay tuned for more from Lowell coming soon!
Performing LIVE In NYC This February
2/13: New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge (w/ Timber Timbre)
2/14: Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Night Bazaar- FREE
- Lowell releases 'I Killed Sara V.' on Arts & Crafts, stream now
- Lowell releases debut EP Feb. 25 via Arts & Crafts, stream single now
- Lowell release twisted fantastical video 'The Bells' from debut album out Sept.16
- Lowell extends 'Summertime' from debut album and announces East Coast dates
- Dan Mangan introduces Madic Records, signs Astral Swans
- Avant! Records to release Sangre De Muerdago / Novemthree 'Braided Paths' split LP in March