Photo credit: Norman Wong
Pairing deliriously catchy pop melodies and pointed gender politics to the forefront of her music, 22-year old LOWELL is the newest signee to renowned indie label Arts & Crafts. With her debut EP I Killed Sara V. having dropped this Tuesday, Lowell’s refreshingly rebellious approach places her at the vanguard of her pop contemporaries.
Lowell previously unveiled EP opener “Cloud 69” + “88,” and has recently shared “The Bells”– an infectious, hook-laden jam that will be stuck in your head for days. Fans can get a taste of the I Killed Sara V. EP at Refinery29, where it’s currently streaming in full!
Lowell has already found success across Canada & Europe through the release of 2012’s If You Can Solve This Jumble, a collaborative mini-album which she wrote & recorded with the super group Apparatjik featuring Grammy Award-winning producer Martin Terefe with members of Coldplay, Mew, and A-ha. Having performed in front of 60,000 attendees at the 2012 Roskilde Festival as well as at 2013’s Pukkelpop & CMJ, 2014 will undoubtedly find Lowell bringing her provocative music and politics to a larger audience.
Stay tuned for more from Lowell coming soon!
- Lowell release new song '88' from upcoming debut EP on Arts & Crafts Feb.25
- Lowell releases debut EP Feb. 25 via Arts & Crafts, stream single now
- Lowell release twisted fantastical video 'The Bells' from debut album out Sept.16
- Lowell extends 'Summertime' from debut album and announces East Coast dates
- Dan Mangan introduces Madic Records, signs Astral Swans
- Secret Cities to release 'Walk Me Home' Jun.24 on Western Vinyl; stream single