N.Y. hardcore punk act, Ludichrist, and Dead City Records have teamed up to re-release the band’s two classic albums, Immaculate Deception (1986) and Powertrip (1988), available now through the Dead City webstore, along with some brand new Ludichrist merch, at: http://www.deadcitymerch.com. Featuring all songs from these two rare, out-of-print hardcore/metal albums, the re-release is available as a double CD, with each album appearing on its own disc. The package includes full color booklet containing all lyrics, photos, flyers and more. Digital downloads of each separate release will also be available on iTunes in the coming weeks.
Last weekend, the band celebrated the release with a performance at the annual Black N’ Blue Bowl 2014 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Vocalist, Tommy Christ, stated, “Thirty years after we first started, our two albums have been re-released and we got to celebrate the event with a 1,000 plus friends, old and new, at the Black N’ Blue Bowl! Those albums have been hard find for a long time, and it’s pretty cool that they’re back. I may even buy a copy.”
A teaser video for the Immaculate Deception / Powertrip release can be seen on YouTube at: http://youtu.be/s5jvzfDgJxY.
Hailing from New York in the early 1980’s, Ludichrist was one of the preeminent bands bridging the gap between metal and hardcore. Behind two full-length albums and global touring, it didn’t take long for the band to cement itself as a legendary act in the most important decade ever for hardcore/metal music.
Stay tuned for more information on Ludichrist and the Immaculate Deception / Powertrip double CD, out now on Dead City Records.
- Dead City Records to re-release two classic Ludichrist albums; teaser video
- Dead City Records releases legendary hardcore punks Ludichrist '1985 Demos' and 'CBGB Off The Board'
- Caught in a Trap releases "Goodnight New York" on iTunes, Announces CD release show
- Sheer Terror releases 'Kaos For Kristin' EP on Dead City Records
- Caught in a Trap to release "Goodnight New York" this month on Dead City Records
- French post hardcore band Tahoe release new music video 'Vectors'