In 2009 when Major Lazer first launched, Diplo was known as the globetrotting underground dance music champion and electronic music was relegated to coverage in niche media outlets. Six years later, Diplo is now one of the most in-demand producers for the biggest artists in the world and dance music is arguably the most popular it’s ever been. Diplo has alluded to the fact that 2015 will see numerous album releases from Major Lazer (his “future dancehall” project with co-producers Walshy Fire and Jillionare) and today marks the beginning of that journey with the release of the Major Lazer & DJ Snake new track “Lean On”, featuring MØ.
DJ Snake, the chart topping and culture-shifting Parisian producer, who after selling 9 million singles of “Turn Down For What’ in 2014, brings his signature genre bending sound that seamlessly merges his various musical influences, only enhancing internet it-girl and the next pop star on the rise, MØ. True to the sounds of the past releases, this Major Lazer and DJ Snake collaboration is both an iconic dance floor anthem and a power pop song that sits just as comfortably in the Top 40 world as it does in the dancehall clubs of Jamaica.
Watch the lyric video below and stay tuned for more news soon on what’s to come.
PURCHASE “LEAN ON” smarturl.it/LeanOniTunes
- Major Lazer announces new album 'Peace Is The Mission' and 'Lean On' music video
- Iggy Azalea announces new album 'Reclassified' and new single 'Beg For It ft. MØ'
- MØ announces first North American tour in support of debut album
- All Trap Music Volume 2 Out November 17
- Grand Analog to release 'Modern Thunder' Apr.22 on Jillionaire's (Major Lazer) Feel Up Records
- Singer/songwriter Casey Bolles set to tour with My Heart My Anchor