photo by Gregory Burns
Los Angeles-based rock band Marriages are gearing up for a West Coast run in August as direct support to label mates Boris. But first, Marriages will headline their own Los Angeles area show at the Complex in Glendale, CA with Wreck & Reference on August 10th before they head to Seattle to start their shows with Boris and Master Musicians of Bukkake on August 16th. Check out Marriages’ full tour routing below.
Marriages recently completed recording their yet-to-be-titled new full-length album with engineer Tom Biller (Elliot Smith, Silversun Pickups, Fiona Apple) in California. This album is the follow up to 2012’s EP Kitsune, which was released by Sargent House and hailed as “a muscular, beautifully marbled slab of mood-rock” by SPIN. Formed in 2011, the band then toured on that EP extensively with the likes of Deafheaven, Bosnian Rainbows, Russian Circles and Chelsea Wolfe.
Marriages was formed by Red Sparowes bandmates Greg Burns (bassist and pedal steel) and Emma Ruth Rundle (guitarist and vocals), who has also just released her debut solo album Some Heavy Ocean on Sargent House and is finishing out her solo U.S. tour with King Buzzo of The Melvins this week in California. On drums, they are joined by Andrew Clinco who makes his debut on the new Marriages album and who will now be touring in the band as well. More information on their forthcoming new album will be coming from Sargent House very soon.
MARRIAGES – ON TOUR 2014
Aug 10 – Glendale, CA @ Complex *
Aug 16 – Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile # ^
Aug 17 – Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre # ^
Aug 18 – Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge # ^
Aug 20 – San Francisco, CA @ The Independent #
Aug 21 – Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst Atrium #
Aug 22 – San Luis Obispo @ SLO Brew #
* w/ Wreck & Reference & So Stressed
# w/ Boris
^ w/ Master Musicians of Bukkake
- Marriages share 'Less Than' from upcoming album 'Salome' on Sargent House
- Emma Ruth Rundle announces June/July tour dates with King Buzzo and more
- Mutoid Man joins Russian Circles on East Coast tour before entering studio with Kurt Ballou
- Emma Ruth streams new track 'Shadows Of My Name'; new album May 20 on Sargent House
- Emma Ruth Rundle releases debut solo album 'Some Heavy Ocean' on Sargent House
- Lullwater to begin US tour this weekend