On February 11th, 2012, MASTODON took the stage at London’s O2 Academy in Brixton, capping off the Atlanta-based band’s world tour in support of their critically acclaimed album The Hunter. This sold-out performance was Mastodon’s first show at the legendary Brixton venue. It won’t be their last, as the London audience positively erupted from the opening chords until the final, frenzied encore. Mastodon Live At Brixton will be released on December 10th, so fans will be able to see and hear what happened on that night.
In addition to performing “Curl of the Burl,” “Black Tongue,” and “Dry Bone Valley” from The Hunter, the band dug into their catalog, unearthing such scorching tracks as “Colony of Birchmen,” “Capillarian Crest,” and “Iron Tusk.” Rolling Stone Magazine referred to the band’s sonic attack as one that: “Demonstrates how contemporary hard rock can still be made with imagination, precision and a majestic sense of force.”
Now this extraordinary live show is being released digitally by Warner Bros. Records as Mastodon Live At Brixton, on December 10th. An audio-only version and a live video version directed by Ryan Mackfall (Crashburn Media) (both featuring the full 97-minute performance) will be available from all digital retailers, including iTunes and Amazon. The full set-list is below.
Dry Bone Valley
I Am Ahab
Colony of Birchmen
Ghost of Karelia
All The Heavy Lifting
Curl of the Burl
Circle of Cysquatch
Crack The Skye
Where Strides The Behemoth
March of the Fireants
Blood and Thunder
At present, MASTODON is hard at work on their next studio venture. Details to be revealed soon. time. Until then go to: www.mastodonrocks.cominfo, merch and more.
- Mastodon Team Up with the U.K.'s "Signature Brew" to Create "Black Tongue Brew"
- Mastodon Announce Spring Headline Tour w/Gojira and Kvelertak
- The Coathangers release new video featuring Mastodon, on tour with The Black Lips
- Warner Bros. Records and Affiliated labels announce exclusive vinyl releases and t-shirts for Record Store Day
- Mastodon release new song 'High Road' from upcoming album
- The Coathangers additinal tour dates and Burger-A-Go-Go Fest