Motor City heavyweights The Meatmen and Against The Grain will hit the road together for the first time since 2011 in what will be a ten date hell ride across the East Seaboard that starts in Richmond, VA and climaxes all over Chicago, IL.
4/30 – Bandito’s Burrito (Richmond, VA)
5/1 – Metro Gallery (Baltimore, MD) w/ Copstabber
5/2 – Kung Fu Necktie (Philadelphia, PA)
5/3 – The Brighton Bar (Long Branch, NJ)
5/4 – Saint Vitus Bar (Brooklyn, NY)
5/5 – Café Nine (New Haven, CT)
5/6 – Middle East Upstairs (Cambridge, MA) w/ Humanoids
*5/9 – Hard Luck (Toronto, ON) w/Agent Orange and In The Whale
*5/10 – The Foundry (Cleveland, OH)
*6/13 – Red Line Tap (Chicago, IL)
* = Against The Grain not on support
It will be the first string of dates of 2015 for The Men o’ Meat since they paired with Carolina shock rockers Antiseen last year for a dual trek across Texas and into NOLA. This run will be Against The Grain’s third tour of 2015 after hitting the road with Lo-Pan in the month of March and local MI dates with Beast In The Field in the month of April.
The Meatmen took Against The Grain out for their first national run back in 2011, since then both bands have released records on Self Destructo (Savage Sagas, Motor City Speedrock/Surrounded By Snakes respectively) and it’ll be the first time two Self Destructo Records artists have paired up for an extensive tour in the US.
Check out The Meatmen’s latest record “Savage Sagas” here, first batch of new songs released in almost twenty years!
Against The Grain are currently on tour with Lo-Pan across the Northeastern US and have just finished up recording their new album at Train-A Comin’ studios in Mt. Clemens, MI.
The new album will be the follow up to 2013’s “Surrounded By Snakes” and will be the newest vinyl release since Self Destructo Records released their 2012 breakthrough album “Motor City Speedrock” on 10” vinyl at the start of 2014.
- CHURCH OF MISERY announce North American tour dates
- CHURCH OF MISERY announce updated North American tour dates
- Lo Pan and Against The Grain announce Northeast tour dates in March
- Richmond, VA's Fall Line Fest Takes Place Sept. 6&7, Adds Kopecky Family Band, Speedy Ortiz, Thou, Pity Sex
- Avers announce Summer tour to support debut album 'Empty Light'
- RVA trio Sea Of Storms announces debut album 'Dead Weight' and kicks off US tour