Legendary Japanese noise-rock band Melt-Banana have embarked on a 13 date UK tour, their first as a two-piece and their first UK tour since 2010. Previously the band have attributed the break in their touring/release cycle to the impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011. Now firmly back on their feet the duo (made up of Yako on vocals and Agata on guitar and effects) have liberated themselves of a human rhythm section and are making a noise as powerful and frantic as ever.
Guitarist Agata is known for his mastery of guitar effects and extended technique and for consistently wearing a surgical mask on stage. The band were much championed by BBC DJ John Peel during his lifetime.
Of their new video, Yako says:
“The song title is “Lefty Dog (Run Caper Run)”. It is the second music video from our album Fetch. It was directed by Iroha who does VJ for our shows in Japan sometimes. Like the first video “The Hive” it is very colourful and we like how it looks very much”.
and on touring:
“It is very exciting for us every day because we are trying new things right now. It has been two years since we started playing as a two piece and still there are many things we like to try. Anyway we hope people come to the show and enjoy our music!”
Their recent album Fetch came out on their own A-Zap Records label in October 2013 and is distributed by Forte.
Melt-Banana are touring NOW and appearing live at:
|21/5/2014||Leeds||Brudenell Social Club|
|24/5/2014||Manchester||Fat Out Festival|
|25/5/2014||Sheffield||Queens Social Club|
|2/6/2014||Brighton||Green Door Store|
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- Electro-infused indie act KYTES release 'Inner Cinema' video