Groove driven, infectiously melodic and lyrically meditative, Comet Come To Me, Meshell’s 11th studio album, includes her version of Whodini’s classic hip-hop track “Friends” (released in 1984). Featuring special guests Shara Worden (My Brightest Diamond) and Doyle Bramhall, along with long-time collaborators Christopher Bruce (guitar) and Jebin Bruni (keys), and Earl Harvin on drums, the album, to be released in June, continues the path of music’s funkiest seeker.
FREE 4-Song EP of Live Recordings, CONTINUOUS PERFORMANCE, Available HERE
(Available for a Limited Time Only; Please Post and Share)
Hailed by the New York Times as “a singer-songwriter of searching candor and an electric bassist of mesmerizing skill”, Meshell is pleased to release Continuous Performance, featuring exclusive new and vintage Meshell performances. Available FREE via NoiseTrade, the EP includes a live sneak peak of “Continuous Performance” from Comet, Come To Me, plus live versions of three fan favorites: “Bitter”, “Loyalty (featuring Joan Osborne)” and “Beautiful”, recorded at The Bowery Ballroom in New York City in 1999 as part of her infamous Bitter tour (never before released).
Meshell to Perform A Mix of Old and New Works in Collaboration w/ Special Guest Matana Roberts
Schomburg Center’s “Women’s Jazz Festival”
March 24, New York City
More Information and Tickets Available Here
- Flutronix release video of soulful Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams' remake from new album
- U.K. Soul artist Daniel DeBourg drops 4th mixtape #DDBOVERDRIVE and 'Human Nature' Cover
- Ice-T and Upon A Burning Body release music video for Punk Goes Pop cover 'Turn Down For What'
- Roughneck Riot share live NOFX 'The Idiots Are Taking Over' cover video
- September Mourning pay tribute to the late great Ben E. King with cover of 'Stand By Me'
- Emmure releases new video 'Like LaMotta'