In March of 2014, Los Angeles singer-songwriter Mia Doi Todd spent ten days at the beautiful Estúdio El Rocha in São Paulo, Brazil and recorded an album of her favorite Brazilian songs – some famous, some obscure – all about nature. The album is entitled Floresta, or “Forest” in Portuguese, and was ust released on Mia’s label, City Zen Records, on September 16th of this year. The album features an all Brazilian band: Fabiano do Nascimento on seven-string nylon guitar, Maurício Takara and Rogério Martins on percussion, and Meno del Picchia on bass.
Director, Arnaud Benoliel said this of the video:
“There is a haunting quality, a constant forward motion and subtle kind of tension in Mia’s ‘Cais’, contradictory impulses that I wanted to explore with her, as with a character that was travelling through her own changing thoughts, sensations and inner landscape. It was about creating a progression of moods and feelings. The solitude and dreams, despair and hope that this can entail.
“While filming, I also realised that there was a certain delicacy there that I needed to respect and did not want to invade, which informed our general approach, the kind of framing we chose and the rhythm of the shots. A young woman whispers her secret life to the silent presence of nature. Whether she receives a reply or not, a sense of release is reached in the end as she steps out on the open road ahead.”
- Mia Doi Todd records new album in Brazil with Brazilian Musicians
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Vance Joy releases video for intimate live performance of 'My Kind Of Man'