Continuing its legacy of signing pioneering artists across genres and geography, Astralwerks announces its newest signing MIGHTY OAKS with the debut single “Brother” out today and the upcoming “Brother” EP out October 7th. A full-length album is set for release in the US in 2015.
The Berlin-based trio of international musicians – Ian Hooper (US), Claudio Donzelli (Italy), and Craig Saunders (UK) – brings a uniquely global perspective to classic American roots rock. Three-part vocal harmonies, acoustic guitars, and mandolins are the core of Mighty Oaks songs. Smooth bass lines and simple drums are the heartbeat of its sound with driving electric guitars adding depth as front-man Ian Hooper layers lyrics both melancholy and hopeful atop rustic refrains that call to mind the Pacific Northwest of the Seattle native’s birthplace.
The band’s debut single “Brother” combines polyphonic harmonies, pop instrumentation to powerful effect. “It’s a song about friendship,” explains Hooper. “It’s a nostalgic reflection upon the developmental stages in life and about having that one true friend that you know would do anything for you, and for whom you’d do anything.”
It’s a song that reflects the core values of the band. The three became best friends – brothers, even – through their mutual love of pop music, rock, folk, and great American songwriters of the 20th century.
Formed in 2010 in Berlin, Mighty Oaks have already shared the stage with acts such as Chrvches, Lumineers, Kings of Leon, and Shout Out Louds, sold out its very first tour across Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, and saw its international debut album “Howl” reach #1 on Germany’s iTunes chart with top-10 chart positions in Norway, Switzerland, and Austria.
- Dirty South signs to Astralwerks and announces new single
- 19 year old powerhouse Halsey signs to Astralwerks; stream debut single 'Ghost'
- Astralwerks new signing Halsey to tour with The Kooks
- Claire releases new video 'My Audacity'; debut album 6/24 on Astralwerks
- Halsey releases bewitching new video from debut EP on Astralwerks
- Clutch announce Record Store Day split with Lionize; Earth Rocker out Jun.10 on Weathermaker Music