The power pop band known as Mike Bell & the Movies have announced plans to work with Major Bear Records on releasing their debut LP on 12″ wax. To be released on April 25th, purchasing the record comes with a download code and for an extra dollar, customers can purchase a koozie. Digital copies are available now.
The album is available for streaming on their Bandcamp.
Preorders are available on Major Bear’s store.
The band plans to go on a west coast tour in April in support of the release.
/100 cyan blue vinyl
/200 black vinyl
Featuring ex-members of Algernon Cadwallader, Bandname and Dangerous Ponies, Mike Bell & the Movies are four lads from Liverpool, Philadelphia, that have come to shake the world. Mike Bell, Peter Helmis, Evan Bernard and Gregory Labold are their names. Mike and Peter both wear a size 10 shoe, while Evan and Greg both wear a 13. Their collective net worth is between 5-30 dollars depending on the day of the month and none of them seem to know what a “consolidated loan” means. They play loud, fast and clean power pop that sounds like it’s straight from the 80s.
- SRVVLST set to release 'The Seven Year Inch' Apr.20 on Major Bear Records
- Ringo Deathstarr to release 'God's Dream' vinyl/digital Mar.25 on Neon Sigh/Noyes Records
- La Dispute auction test presses for charity; 'Rooms of the House' out mar.18
- Walking Shapes announce Record Store Day release of new album 'Taka Come On'
- Hollis Brown announce tour with The Zombies in April to support Record Store Day release
- Neck Deep re-release 'Rain In July/A History Of Bad Decisions' Jun.17 on Hopeless Records