Miserable, the solo project of Kristina Esfandiari, former vocalist of Bay Area shoegazers, Whirr, has signed with The Native Sound and will release its debut EP in early 2014.
Kristina’s first release as Miserable was a split 7-inch with PA’s Grey Zine, which was released on Run For Cover Records earlier this month. Kristina also writes and performs under the name King Woman, and released a limited edition cassingle titled ‘Degrida / Sick Bed’ on Sleep Genius earlier this year.
The Native Sound is a small, New York City-based boutique record label specializing in high quality, limited run, physical pressings. Past releases have included a double a-side single by John Vanderslice pressed on limited edition 7-inch flexi discs, titled ‘Song For Clay Miller with, Vitas At Wimbledon’ and an EP by Koji titled ‘Matters’ pressed on cassette tape.
To purchase Miserable’s 7-inch split on Run For Cover’s webstore: http://www.runforcoverstore.com/index.php/new-music/miserable-grey-zine-split.html.
- King Woman to release limted edition cassette and download 'Dove' on The Native Sound
- Grey Zine signs with The Native Sound; 8 song comp. of Demos as free download
- Wreck & Reference announce new album 'Want' on The Flenser
- LA duo VOW release new track 'Charm'; new EP out Aug.12 on The Native Sound
- Wild Moth announces 'Inhibitor' release on Iron Pier and tours with Hollow Sunshine and Whirr