First emerging in 2011 to play an extended residency at infamous rock club Cherry Bar in AC/DC Lane, Melbourne’s Money For Rope began as a 6-piece act that got everyone in the rock’n’roll town talking. Now performing as a hungrier five piece including Jules McKenzie [vocals, guitar, occasional saxophone], Michael Cini [bass, vocals], Rick Parnaby [keys, guitar and vocals], Chris Valdemarin [drums] and Simon McConnell [second drummer], the band is excited to hit the US’s West coast and SXSW this March.
For this devil-may-care band with a sound fathered by The Saints, The Sunnyboys, and Radio Birdman, with a slight tinge of The Doors – the Cherry Bar show was the start of rapturous applause, serious hard work and more than a handful of shows conducted in casts and wheelchairs. Immediately signed by Wally Kempton of The Meanies, the band steadily released a series of 7” singles – ‘Slow Dance’, ‘My House Or Yours’, ‘I’ve Had Days’, and ‘Disable Ksana’ – while proving themselves in the often harsh climate of Australian rock’n’roll.
November 2012 saw the long awaited release of their eponymous debut LP via Thornbury Records and now the band will be releasing a split EP also featuring The Bowers slated for March. Head below to check out their upcoming West coast tour dates.
3/4 – Seattle, WA – Barboza
3/5 – Portland, OR – Star Theater
3/6 – San Francisco, CA – El Rio
3/9 – Los Angeles, CA – Aussie BBQ
3/11- Houston, TX – Continental Club
3/12 – 3/15 – Austin, TX – SXSW
3/17 – Clarksdale, MS – The Shack Up Inn
3/18 – Memphis, TN – Hi-Tone
3/19 – Nashville, TN – Springwater
3/22 – San Antonio, TX – Maverick Music Festival
- Born Cages release new video 'Don't Look Back'; announces tour dates & SXSW
- Tiny Hearts release new video 'Snow Cold'; announce SXSW appearance
- Team Me release new single 'F Is For Faker' & US Tour Dates & SXSW
- Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas new video 'Caught Up'; tour dates and SXSW
- Kan Wakan to release 'Moving On' Jun.3 on Verve Records; watch new single
- Ashestoangels release new album 'Horror Cult' and shre 'Bury Us In Black' music video