Electro indie-pop band Cordelia & The Buffalo announce the release of their single “Take It Up A Notch,” which comes from their recently released self-titled debut EP. The band draws inspiration from Mexican Indian tribes and Native American cultures, using percussive instruments and Mayan flutes to create a tribal sound.
Cordelia & The Buffalo is the brainchild of Mexican-American musician, Cordelia, who brought the band together in 2011 with the goal of creating a fresh and unique new sound. Based in Boston, Cordelia & The Buffalo consists of Cordelia Vizcaino on vocals/synths, Yusuke Sato (guitar), Rodrigo Gramitto (guitar), Diego Diaz (drums), Dan McCallum (bass) and Dag Hanken (percussion/synths). Their 6-track debut EP was released in January 2015 and each single represents the stories of the band members’ journey to personal freedom. Currently, the band is preparing for upcoming tour dates in the Boston area, as well as the Osheaga Music Festival in Montreal.
After checking out a live show, Allston Pudding raved, “The group brought catchy compositions and a strong stage presence, all tied together with powerful vocals.” Stay tuned for future releases from Cordelia & The Buffalo!
“Cordelia and The Buffalo roll influences and momentum that span Mexican Indian tribes and Native American styles into the modes of pop that command the stages of the globe”
– Impose Magazine
- AJR to release debut album Mar.3 on AJR Productions/Warner Bros. Records
- Swedish indie-pop band Emerald Park release new single 'LiberTeens'
- Canadian indie-pop outfit Groenland announce 'The Chase' on Bonsound Records
- Australian indie-pop band Jinja Safari return with new single 'Find My Way'
- UK indie pop band Lake Malawi releases new single 'Young Blood'
- Imagine Dragons release new single 'I Bet My Life'