Natalie Pryce are here on Kickstarter to fund the making of “Vol. II: The Ascent from Ego to Ego”, a follow up album by the rock & roll art collective known as Natalie Pryce.
The album will delve even deeper down the rabbit hole of Natalie Pryce’s neo-noir music, combining the echoes of early rock & roll with post-modern narrative-based storytelling set upon the tense soundscapes of their dream/nightmare world.
Money pledged from you for this project will make you an executive producer and collaborator and will go towards the creation of “Vol. II: The Ascent from Ego to Ego”. The funds raised will pay for the time to use the recording studio and for the mixing and mastering of the album. Natalie Pryce recorded their previous album in an amazingly fast two days. They aim to do the same again in order to keep costs down and energy up. Your contribution means you don’t just get the album but also offers you the opportunity for the amazing and exclusive rewards available here. Any additional funds raised during the Kickstarter process will go into further development of the album and towards the forthcoming music videos for the newly recorded songs.
We have the songs, we have the skills to pull off the recording of the songs but we need you to come on board and help us finish the final chapter in this epic journey into the world of music and art.
WHO IS NATALIE PRYCE?
For music, videos, reviews, pictures and more visit our website http://nataliepryce.co.uk
We want to make the album as it exists in our dreams. This is an album that is uncompromising, visceral, sexual, frightening and even at times beautiful. Its genre and style is as drifting as its dream-like tone. It’s difficult to fund music in the traditional manner, especially something like “Vol. II: The Ascent from Ego to Ego” which is so different from much of the commercially released music available. Kickstarter gives us a unique opportunity to create our vision with the help of the people that want to explore with us. We are committed to developing our independent projects and want to work with others who share our vision (YOU) to help realise our ambitions.
“Vol. II: The Ascent from Ego to Ego” is made up of 12 songs. Each song in the album contributes to an overall story, as well as having a clear, standalone narrative and purpose…
1. Miss Liz: A story of lust and money as a woman becomes dangerously infatuated with a prostitute.
2. Søren: The Priest, The Clown and The Uncle muse over the heavy questions of the universe over a game of ‘snakes & ladders’ while their fate (and ours) burns all around them.
3. Iain: During the dark night of the soul our protagonist’s suicidal wound starts to communicate with him.
4. Frank Sinatra: Singer makes a deal with the devil in this modern adaptation of the Faust myth.
5. Annabelle: A love triangle between a femme fatale, a romantic hero and an incubus: told from the perspective of the incubus.
6. Vaughan: A story of symphorophilia and Ballardesque car-crash sexual fetishism.
7. Wilcox: the eponymous protagonist becomes increasingly obsessed with the stories by the mysterious “The Author” but the more they read the more the tales take on life of their own.
8. Sam: A comment on the creative process as the corpse of Samuel Beckett is dragged out for inspection but fails to inspire a song worth singing.
9. Adam: Prequel to the song “Eve” on the previous album. The song documents the events leading up to those in “Eve”, telling the story of justifying the ways of God to man.
10. Edith/William part II: A ghost story discussing the potential trap of marriage and the difficulties of breaking free from one’s own past. In part inspired by the life and works of Edith Wharton.
11. Gretel: A coming of age story told through a series of increasingly deranged letters home to Mother.
12. Abigail: A baby is born, the Internet fails and the whole world ends in this apocalypse drama.
REWARDS: We have a ton of amazing and beautiful rewards that should hopefully satisfy all. If there are any combinations of rewards missing that you’d love to pledge for, please just let us know by either sending a comment or message and we’ll do our best to sort it out.
- Natalie Pryce releases new single 'Raquel'
- Natalie Pryce releases double A-side single 'Paul' and 'Peyton'
- Glasgow based genre bending band Natalie Pryce release new single 'Emily'
- The Nearly Deads announce new single, kickstarter, Pridefest and Paper Dolls tour w/City of the Weak and Kaleido
- The Nearly Deads release debut album 'Invisible Tonight' Jun.24; Paper Dolls tour May 15
- Lowell releases 'I Killed Sara V.' on Arts & Crafts, stream now