Neil Young has announced that he will perform four benefit shows in his native Canada to raise money for the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN)Legal Defense Fund. The “Honor The Treaties” Concert dates are listed below. Very Special Guest, Diana Krall will also perform on each of the dates. Tickets will go on sale on tomorrow, Tuesday December 10th.
The ACFN refer to themselves as K’ai Taile Dene, meaning “people of the land of the willow.” A Legal Defense fund was set up to support the ACFN’s legal challenges against oil companies and government that are obstructing their traditional lands and rights. As people of the land the ACFN have used and occupied their traditional lands in the Athabasca region for thousands of years, hunting, trapping, fishing and gathering to sustain themselves and continue spiritual cultural rights passed down through generations. The ACFN’s legal challenges will ensure the protection of their traditional lands, eco-systems and unique rights guaranteed by Treaty 8, the last and largest of the nineteenth century land agreements made between First Nations and the Government of Canada, are upheld for the benefit of future generations.
For more info on the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation, please visit: http://www.acfn.com/.
- Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cancel Upcoming Dates Due to Injury
- Neil Young to Release "Live at the Cellar Door" on November 26th on Reprise Records
- Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door Pre-Order
- Warner Bros. Records and Affiliated labels announce exclusive vinyl releases and t-shirts for Record Store Day
- Neil Young Annouces The Launch of PonoMusic
- The Damn Truth Release Official Music Video for "White Lies" Off of 'Devilish Folk;' US Tour Dates Announced for Winter 2017-2018