Berlin-based composer Nils Frahm has fast become know as a prolific performer and recording artist with the piano at the core, releasing his critically acclaimed album Spaces in 2013 on Erased Tapes Records.
Now Nils launches his very own Piano Day worldwide, for everyone to participate in. With a number of pianos being thrown away every year, Nils hopes to inject some passion and love back into this age-old instrument. He has also revealed a new solo piano song entitled ‘Wall‘ as his ode and contribution to Piano Day to go alongside this exciting announcement. As well as an image with the title ‘Klavins 450’.
Nils is encouraging everyone to participate in Piano Day by creating their own piano events with friends or simply by sharing their videos, poems, photos – anything that is piano inspired. Whether it’s an old unused piano at home, in a church or in school, Nils is calling on everyone to take to the piano on the 88th (guess why!) day of the year: March 29th, 2015.
“Why does the world need a Piano Day? For many reasons. But mostly, because it doesn’t hurt to celebrate the piano and everything around it: performers, composers, piano builders, tuners, movers and most important, the listener.” – Nils Frahm
March 29th is the world’s first official Piano Day celebration and more exciting news will be revealed by Nils on this day.
Read More from Nils here
- Nils Frahm releases his first score for one-take feature film 'Victoria' on Erased Tapes
- Panic! At The Disco release 'This Is Gospel' acoustic piano ballad video
- Theremin prodigy Carolina Eyck and pianist Christopher Tarnow shatter theremin stereotypes with new LP
- The Leeway releases piano laced video/single 'If Only'
- Singer-songwriter Craig Greenberg releases piano laced new single 'That Girl is Wrong for You'
- Michael Price announces debut album ‘Entanglement' out April 13th on Erased Tapes