Photo credit: Phil Knott
Guitarist Nir Felder’s debut album Golden Age was released January 21st via OKeh to rave reviews across the board. Golden Age puts Nir’s skills as a composer and songwriter at the forefront of his creative design, supported by virtuosic technique. To experience Nir Felder’s live performance is at once both technically fascinating & charming, and fans in NYC & Philly will get the chance to enjoy his captivating live show this spring!
For a taste of Nir’s dynamic show, he’s given MSN Music a glimpse into why he’s been named “one of the exciting young voices in jazz guitar” (WNYC Soundcheck) with a live rendition of Golden Age LP cut, “Lights.” You can check out the “Lights” live video
Nir recruited pianist Aaron Parks, bassist Matt Penman & drummer Nate Smith to help bring his unique musical vision to life. To augment the band’s instrumental take on those questions, he studied dozens of legendary speeches by politicians, civil rights leaders & cultural heroes, and mixed spoken-word samples into the new tracks. The results are sweeping, cinematic impressions of history brought into the present moment.
Though not a concept album, the title Golden Age provides a unifying sentiment- one of ambiguity & duality. As Nir explains, “it’s more of a question than a statement. We’ve seen a lot of change in recent years- in the music industry, in music technology, in our world, our country, and our city, New York.”
Stay tuned for more news from Nir Felder coming soon!
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- King The Kid release Michael Jackson cover 'Beat It'