ADA and Warner Music Norway introduces MONICA HELDAL.
If you take the effortless, ethereal vocal delivery of Alisson Krauss, pair it with guitar skills capable of shredding acoustic versions of any Zeppelin anthem, and then mix the two with a gift for songwriting worthy of garnering endorsements from the likes of icons such as Tom Petty, you have a recipe for a very compelling artist. Throw in two “Norwegian Grammy Awards” (Spellemannprisen Awards) for “Best New Artist” and “Best Pop Solo Artist” and you have the brilliant Norwegian, 22-year old singer/songwriter, Monica Heldal.
Part Americana, part Bluegrass, part Irish Folk – Heldal’s acclaimed debut album, Boy From The North, which spent 21 weeks on the Top 40 albums chart in Norway, will be arriving in the US on September 16th via ADA/Warner Music Norway. Following a sold-out Norwegian tour, as well as an opening slot for Tom Petty, Heldal quickly caught the attention of Warner Bros. executives in 2013 and was immediately signed to Warner Music Norway with major plans world-wide.
Boy From The North is the culmination of Heldal’s many musical influences – including Nick Drake, Emmylou Harris, Irish blues artist Rory Gallagher, and acoustic segments from Led Zeppelin’s portfolio – that allows the Bergen, Norway native to capture the increasingly popular Americana/Bluegrass vibes such as artists like Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers.
Boy From The North TRACK LISTING:
- Boy From the North
- Conman Coming
- Silly Willy
- Fightin’ Son
- Follow You Anywhere
- Tape 03
- I Don’t Mind
- Die For You
- In Flight
- The Road Not Taken
Visit Monica Heldal online:
- Michelle Chamuel shares new single from debut album out Feb.10 on The End Records / ADA
- Khold set to release new album 'Til Endes' this September on Peaceville
- Norwegian alternative folk/rock artist Annie Woodward delivers bewitching vocals on new album
- Johnny Marr reveals new single and video for 'Easy Money'; new album Oct.7 on Warner Music Group
- Johnny Marr announces North American Fall tour; ticket son sale Sept.10
- Lucius release 'Don't Just Sit There' lyric video; tour dates with Sara Bareilles