Check out NYC-based soul-pop artist Shilpa Narayan and her newest video “Baby Go Home,” off her upcoming EP, set to release early 2015. After Shilpa released her first album, Stand Alone, in 2012; she immediately caught the attention of several high profile music outlets such as AOL Music, MTV Buzzworthy, MTV India and RyanSeacrest.com. Vibe Magazine named her “Artist to Watch,” while Carson Daly himself selected Shilpa’s submission for a chance to audition for The Voice.
Shilpa became an unintentional YouTube sensation by leaving her personal stamp on covers for huge artists such as Rihanna, Beyonce, and various R&B artists. The success lead her down an unconventional path into NYC’s local indie scene where she has performed over 1000 people at 2010 Fashion Week, played a show for a crowd of 120,000 in Diwali Times Square, and has opened for hip hop artists Waka Flocka and Wale.
In 2013 Shilpa partnered with MySpace to release her first video “Renegade”. Since then her music has generated buzz on AOL Music, Vibe Magazine (Named “Artist to Watch”), MTV India, MTV Buzzworthy, MTV-U, Thisis50.com, Channel One News, Artist Direct, as well as praise from The Voice producer and host Carson Daly, who handpicked Shilpa’s submission to be sent directly to the show’s producers for consideration.
Don’t miss Shilpa’s new video for “Baby Go Home” off her upcoming EP!
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=580J3bm0tYI” width=”640″]
- Albany's MIRK release new single 'Rocketship' from upcoming full length album
- Pop / soul outfit The Harlots stream new single 'On My Way' on Pavement Records
- Australian Soul singer Rita Satch releases 'Not Ready For Love' music video
- Urban soulstress Jeanine releases brand new single 'Runnin'
- Australian based soul artist Daniel March streams new single 'Nina'
- Haley Pharo releases free download of new single 'Sorry for Not Being Sorry'