International producer and songwriter extraordinaire Oh Land, also known as Nanna Øland Fabricius, has announced a North American tour coming this spring, hitting New York, DC, Philly and more. The electro wonder has been hard at work recently at special sessions with The Wild Honey Pie at SXSW, as well as a Live AOL session, which you can watch HERE, and see all tour dates below- tickets go on sale later this week!
Oh Land has also revealed her unique one-take video for “Half Hero,” which shows she and her bandmates performing the track live in bathroom stalls. Though it seems like a pre-orchestrated creative idea, Oh Land tells Interview how the spontaneous live recording arose. “At first the crew thought I was joking, but really quickly everyone was super stoked about the idea. It was fun to see my bandmates play like that, and everyone knows that vocals sound amazing in a bathroom.”
Earth Sick, Oh Land’s 4th LP, is out now digitally and on CD and vinyl via Kobalt Label Services, and lead single “Head Up High” has also gotten serious remix love from the likes of MS MR, Penguin Prison, CSS, Lauren Flax and Mercury. Download the Earth Sick album, featuring “Head Up High,” “Flags,” and “Nothing Is Over” on iTunes (http://smarturl.it/ohlandesit)// Amazon (http://smarturl.it/ohlandesamz)
Head Up High (The Remixes) is also on iTunes now at:
May 3: Washington, DC @ U Street Music Hall
May 4: Boston, MA @ The Sinclair
May 6: Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
May 8: Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
May 21: Toronto, ON @ Lee’s Palace
May 23: Montreal, QC @ Theatre Fairmount
May 24: Uncasville, CT @ Wolf Den at Mohegan Sun
May 25: New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- Transgender pioneer Laura Jane Grace to debut AOL Original series 'True Trans with Laura Jane Grace'
- The AOL Original Series 'True Trans with Laura Jane Grace' air 3 new episodes
- Oh Land Unveils New Music Video For Single "Renaissance Girls"
- Oh Land Confirms North American Tour Dates Around "Wish Bone" Album Release This Fall
- Oh Land announces new album 'Earth Sick' out Nov.11 and new single
- The Kooks announce Summer tour dates