Ólafur Arnalds has composed numerous film scores, but Arnalds’s first venture into television has now seen him nominated in the ‘Original Television Music’ category at this year’s BAFTA Television Craft Awards.
Arnalds was approached by writer Chris Chibnall to score the music for Broadchurch, an ITV series, after having been a fan of his musical works. He took up the challenge and scored the whole TV series, including the use of ‘Þú ert jörðin’ from his 2010 album ‘…and they have escaped the weight of darkness’. Broadchurch was a commercial success with an audience of 9.6 million viewers and now sees Ólafur at the age of 27 nominated for a BAFTA for his musical work.
To celebrate his nomination, Ólafur releases the full length video version of his online project ‘Living Room Songs’, which saw him release seven tracks over seven days for free download in 2011. In addition to the seven track performances that appear on his mini album with the same title, the video also features behind the scenes footage which has previously only been available as part of a special edition CD/DVD set.
Ólafur is currently recording the first full-length album of Kiasmos – his electronic project with Janus Rassmussen, set for release later this year on Erased Tapes.
04.04. WARSAW (PL) Electronic Beats Festival – Palladium Theater · tickets
23.05. DORTMUND (DE) Konzerthaus Dortmund · tickets
26.05. COIMBRA (PT) Teatro Gil Vincente · tickets
27.05. PORTO (PT) Casa Da Música · tickets
28.05. LISBON (PT) Centro Cultural de Belem · tickets
17.07. GENT (BE) Gent Jazz Festival · tickets
19.07 OSTRAVA (CZ) Colours of Ostrava · tickets
17.08. HAMBURG (DE) Dockville Festival · tickets
- Le Guess Who? Festival Shares 2013 Lineup
- Bleeding Rainbow releases track 'Images' from new album "Interrupt' out Feb.28 on Kanine Records
- NONONO announce spring tour with Twenty One Pilots and SXSW
- Between The Buried and Me release teaser in anticipation for upcoming headline tour
- INVSN release new video for '#61' from S/T album out now on Razor & Tie
- Nu-metal/Post-hardcore band Beyond Recall unveil lyric video for new single 'Almost'