Photo by: Alyssa Herrman/FotoPhortress
Little Rock, AR’s Pallbearer are currently at Type Foundry Studio in Portland, OR with legendary producer/engineer Billy Anderson (Neurosis, Melvins, Sleep, Swans) laying down the tracks that will become their follow up to 2012’s monumental release, Sorrow & Extinction. This yet-to-be-titled full-length is slated for release later this year via Profound Lore Records on CD, LP and Digital formats, and is one of the most anticipated albums of 2014.
To say that Pallbearer has had a whirlwind few years would be a drastic understatement – the band released a three-song demo back in 2010 and followed it up with their debut full-length, Sorrow and Extinction, to massive critical acclaim in 2012. The album received the Best New Music nod from Pitchfork, and was named one of the best metal albums of the year by SPIN, NPR, Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Stereogum, and countless other outlets. Pallbearer toured the globe in support, and hit festivals such as Fun Fun Fun, SXSW, Roadburn, Hellfest and more. Now, the band is recording six epic new tracks full of colossal amplifier worship heaviness with beautifully crushing harmonies – the trademark sound that Pallbearer has become known for.
Upon completion of their new album, Pallbearer will tour hard as one of the most prominent present-day American doom metal bands. More news and info will be coming soon – in the meantime, keep up with Pallbearer on Facebook.
- Pallbearer new album 'Foundations of Burden' releases Aug. 17 on Profound Lore Records
- Lord Mantis announce Profound Lore Records debut and NYC Martyrdoom Fest
- Prurient to release 'Frozen Niagara Falls' May 12 on Profound Lore Records
- Deafheaven announce worldwide tour dates including Summer US Headliner
- Deafhaven selling out headline shows across the US
- Pallbearer releases December US and Vancouver tour dates