© Mary McCartney
Following the release of Paul McCartney’s brand NEW album last week, the video for album track “Queenie Eye” will be premiered on VEVO tomorrow, Thursday October 24th at 12PM EST.
“Queenie Eye”, described by Q magazine as “jaw dropping”, was produced by Paul Epworth and is one of the albums many highlights. Paul played the track live in Covent Garden last week at a spontaneous pop-up show which drew in an audience of thousands. The week before saw him do the same in Times Square, New York.
The song is based on a childhood chant Paul remembers when he was growing up in Liverpool: “Queenie eye, queenie eye, who’s got the ball? It isn’t in my pocket. O-U-T spells OUT!”
Paul recalls, “It came from a street game I use to play as a kid. Those kind of things always stick with you. I always liked the rhythm of the chant”.
The video for “Queenie Eye” was filmed at Abbey Road earlier this month and was directed by Simon Aboud. Featuring a number of special guests, the video sees Paul recording the track in what he thinks is an empty studio (Studio 2). As the song develops the studio starts to fill up with people all reacting in different ways to the song and Paul is completely unaware. The video brings everybody’s personal experience into one place.
- Paul McCartney reveals tracklisting for new album
- Paul McCartney reveals NEW album artwork and deluxe tracklisting
- Ask Paul McCartney a 'New' question on first ever Live twitter Q&A
- Paul McCartney announces additional 'Out There' Summer tour dates
- Paul McCartney teams up with Newman The Robot for new video and Japanese tour dates
- Blacklite District Goes Viral With “Cold As Ice” Music Videos