2014 saw Jinja Safari founder and multi-instrumentalist Pepa Knight debut his first collection of songs as a soloist, titled Hynoptized Vol. I. Released as the first instalment of a two-part album, the six-track record was praised by local supporters and worldwide tastemakers, with the likes of Rolling Stone Australia describing it as “an exceptionally detailed sonic surrounding”. Pepa has now delivered the capstone for Vol. I, via a new film clip for latest single ‘Coyote Choir’.
Shot on 8mm film, the video melds beautiful landscape locations in Australia & New Zealand with eclectic animations to provide a stunning visual representation of Pepa Knight’s technicolour sonic composition.
Since releasing Hypnotized Vol. I in late-2014, Pepa has been touring consistently throughout the country with Kim Churchill, and appearing on local, sold-out festival stages including Mountain Sounds Festival and Secret Garden Festival.
Pepa Knight is currently working on part two of his album project, Hypnotized Vol.II, which will be released later in 2015.
‘Coyote Choir’ and Hypnotized Vol. I are available now via iTunes.
- Jinja Safari co-frontman Pepa Knight release debut solo single/video 'Rahh!'
- Jinja Safari co-frontman Pepa Knight releases new single 'Clams'
- Australian indie-pop band Jinja Safari return with new single 'Find My Way'
- Exclusive Premiere: Cairo Knife Fight 'No Longer Silent' music video
- Atlantic Records signs New Zealand based singer-songwriter Janine and the Mixtape
- Alt-rock band Kill The Ideal announce new video, 'Heritage' EP and tour dates