Perth indie-electronic act True Science lift the bar with their latest single PEDESTAL. The result of a recent trip to Los Angeles with funding thanks to the Department of Culture and the Arts in WA, and by invitation from Songs Publishing (Lorde, M83), the recording process saw the band work alongside some of the best in the business.
Lead singer Vive Oldham recorded the vocals with renowned voice producer Suzy Shinn, while the music was produced by LA based Patrick Giles. It was then mastered by Don Bartley at Benchmark in NSW.
Pedestal follows True Science’s previous single Soldier further into the world of electronic music, taking inspiration from the experimental chillwave and trip hop of Odesza, Flume and FKA Twigs.
A combination of award winning songwriters and the big voice of Vive Oldham out front, indie-electronic outfit True Science is a collection of scientific minds putting music under the microscope.
The band is further brought to life by the high IQs of some of WA’s best producers: French-born Mercury Prize winner Gaetan Schurrer, LA-based Patrick Giles and WAM Song of the Year winner Harvey Rae.
“The thing that stands out is the outstanding songwriting. Each track has been finely honed, taking the simplistic core of song and fleshing it out into a grander vision – the work of accomplished writers and producers,” Alfred Gorman, X-Press Mag. Read the full review
True Science will celebrate the launch of Pedestal in Perth with a launch at Jimmy’s Den on Friday, August 28
“Pedestal” by TRUE SCIENCE will be released 7th August 2015
- Indie pop songstress Bernadine releases stunning 'I Don't Mind' video from debut album
- Perth's Max And The Electric release debut single “City Lover” from their upcoming EP
- Australia's Max And The Electric release "City Lover" video
- Perth progressive black metal band Ur Draugr stream new EP 'The Wretched Ascetic'
- Australian band Tired Lion release new single 'I Don't Think You Like Me'
- Brisbane's The Worriers release new single a video 'Mama Said'