Perth’s Max And The Electric release debut single “City Lover” from their upcoming EP Lecteur Éponyme.
After endless discussions throughout 2013 and 2014 between duo James Stefanuto and Tom O’Reilly over whether Rick James or Neil Young would be better member of The Beach Boys – Max and The Electric was born.
Recorded and produced by Sam Ford (Abbe May, The Silents) at Tone City Studio in hometown Perth, the upcoming EP Lecteur Éponyme is a tribute to pop music, love songs, and the humble melody.
A beat-driven dancefloor-filling feast with a Moloko-inspired electro battleground of Fender vs Strat, debut single “City Lover” mixes a late Fleetwood Mac-style rhythmic verse with a driving groove-laden pop chorus. All this coming to your ears with a thematic purpose: their affection for love songs and their disdain for the fruitless flavour of lacklustre modern pop.
- Australia's Max And The Electric release "City Lover" video
- Australian rock band The High Learys share brand new single 'Letters To Alice'
- Perth Based singer/songwriter Bernardine shares new single 'Day By Day' and W. Australian dates
- Perth progressive black metal band Ur Draugr stream new EP 'The Wretched Ascetic'
- Australian hardcore punks Miles Away to release 'Tide' in May on Six Feet Under Records
- Cajsa Siik returns with new single 'State of Low'