Elle King Tour” live at The NorVa, Norfolk, VA April 5th 2016
Photos and review by: Gary Horton
The NorVa was in for a treat having Elle King playing for the first time at this venue. Opening performance was Horse Thief originally from Texas this youthful band had a good melodic sound and stage presence. Surly another good band to keep an eye out for. As they exited the stage you can hear the crowd ask for more. Next was what we eagerly waited for. The lights dim as the band walks onto the stage. Finally Elle steps up to the mic and begins with “Devil don’t go” you can hear she is moved by this song and the fans are frozen still listening to Elle sing. Followed with “Keeps”, “Can’t be loved” with short breaks in between to share some of her personal experiences, some funny and some sad ones in her life. She proceeded to play “Good to be a man” which was a result of of “an idiot who told me he was in love with me the first night we met”. She played songs of the pain and sorrows of romance with songs like “Make you smile” and Song of sorrow”. The night was young with more than a half dozen more songs she ended the night with “America’s Sweetheart” I want to say almost everyone was singing along with her as she sung her heart out like it was the first song in the set. We definitely had a great night with Elle and hope to see her back again real soon.
Elle King is not a new face to the stage. She has been singing since 1998 and has fine-tuned her vocals around a country, soul, rock and blues style
photos / review credit: Horton Photography / Rockonimages
- photos/review: In This Moment live at The NorVa credit Gary Horton
- photos/review Lamb of God with Anthrax, Deafheaven and Power Trip 1-22-16 at The Norva by Gary Horton
- photos/review: Fear Factory live at The NorVa credit Gary Horton
- Alice Cooper Tour @ Chrysler Hall, Norfolk VA 04.26.17
- Artistree Festival brings diverse music and arts to Norfolk.
- Slaughter-Que Festival in Atlanta photos and review by Gary Flinn