Gwen Stefani “This is what the truth feels like” Tour with Eve @ Veterans United Home Amphitheater
July 16, 2016 Virginia Beach, VA
By Gary Horton
This evening started out with a lot of high anxiety, due to the weather from the night before that caused a cancellation at the venue. The news forecasted for a repeat so everyone was on edge. As the gates open and the lines of cheerful fans with rain coats and lawn chairs prepare for whatever may occur at the venue. As Eve started her set, many people were still making there way into the venue. Eve’s most current release was in 2013 called “Lip lock”. If you haven’t seen Eve before you are missing a hard working and talented woman. The set lights dimmed down as the stage was set. The crowd of loyal fans, both young and old were up and cheering as Gwen Stefani entered the stage with attitude and style, she starts off with “Red Flag”. Leading into “Wind up” released back in 2006 as a lead single. Her high energy stage presence is on point as she worked the entire stage area. She also has a crew of talented dancers that boosted the energy on stage as well. Next song “Baby don’t lie” a reggae-pop style song from 2014. The night is still young. Her set included duet’s with Eve that had the fans jumping up with their hands up. Now everyone was wondering if Gwen’s new boyfriend would be around and make an appearance on stage. So was Virginia Beach in for a treat? As a tall figure enters from the side of the stage and comes into the light and its Blake Shelton with a huge grin on his face and Gwen’s face lights up as Blake starts to sing “Go ahead and break my heart”. This was the highlight for the night that the fans were hoping for. The fans are so happy to be able to see them perform together. If you are a Gwen Stefani or No doubt fan this is something you don’t want to miss when it comes around your town.
For More Information: https://www.gwenstefani.com/
- Calvin Harris announces new album 'Motion' feat. Ellie Goulding, Gwen Stefani, Haim, Tinashe and Big Sean
- WVM announces new album 'Wave Of Nothing' and releases 2 new singles
- Calvin Harris releases music video for instrumental track 'Slow Acid'
- Alternative indie band Stroamata release brand new single 'A Fantasy'
- photos/review: Slipknot 'Summer's Last Stand' tour with Lamb Of God credit Gary Horton
- Interview/photos with Butcher Babies live at Iron City in Birmingham (credit Gary Flinn)