Pop-rock foursome Pilot For A Day has officially announced the release of their album Better Air (Deluxe Edition), set to drop on July 1st! With three exclusive acoustic tracks, Better Air (Deluxe Edition) is the extension of their debut album, which was produced by Marc McClusky (Weezer, Ludo, Hit The Lights). For more information, please visit: http://pilotforaday.net/.
Pilot For A Day is composed of Nolan Smith (vocals, guitar), Craig Harper (drums, vocals), Brandon Rimmey (guitar), and Harry Datkowitz (bass). Formed in November 2010, the band came together in their hometown of Kansas City, KS to make hard-hitting and uplifting music. Their inspiration comes from a wide range of ideas, including living life to the fullest extent and knowing that anything you can imagine is possible.
Influenced by bands such as Mayday Parade, Boys Like Girls, Cartel, The Maine, and Go Radio, Pilot For A Day hit the studio in February 2012 with producer Marc McClusky to create 10 classic, yet modern songs that could be appreciated by anyone. With help from Andrew Volpe (Ludo), who co-wrote the track “Extraordinary Life,” and drummer Cory Muro (Badboxes, Punchline, The Composure), the band created their debut album Better Air, which released on January 21, 2013.
Pilot For A Day celebrated Better Air with a special release show at the historic Granada Theater in Lawrence, KS. Through it all, the band has been able to tour throughout the Midwest and Northeast, sharing the stage with Mime Game, The Noise FM, Abandon Kansas, and David George and The Crooked Mile (former guitarist for John Fogerty).
Leading up to the exciting release of Better Air (Deluxe Edition), Smith explains, “We’ve put a lot of time and effort into this album and couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out. We had a lot of fun making this, and we are stoked to start the process of writing, producing, and eventually recording new music for everyone that has helped us get here.”
Better Air (Deluxe Edition) will include three new acoustic versions of “Take This Chance,” “A Little More,” and “From Somewhere to Here.” For updates, please visit: http://pilotforaday.net/.
01. Take This Chance
02. Count to Ten
03. Extraordinary Life (feat. Andrew Volpe)
04. Thanks to CL, My FMLY & All My Homies
05. Ticket to Somewhere
06. A Little More
07. Alleys and Side Streets
08. On. Set. Coast.
09. From Somewhere to Here
10. Midwest Kings
11. Take This Chance (Acoustic)
12. A Little More (Acoustic)
13. From Somewhere to Here (Acoustic)
Check out more on Pilot For A Day, here:
- Run Things release 'Dumb In The Sun' 7" on White Iris Records
- BELZEBASS releases "Welcome To Hell" EP & disturbing NSFW music video
- Chuck Ragan to release 7" Feb. 25; new album 'Till Midnight' out Mar.25 on SideOneDummy Records
- Black Stone Cherry to release new album 'Magic Mountain' May 6 on RoadRunner
- Canailles to release new album 'Round-Points' Apr.17 on Grosse Boite
- Entrails release 'Resurrected from the Grave (demo collection)' Jul. 22 on Metal Blade