Hotly tipped alt-pop outfit PLASMA have announced the release of their new single, ‘Burning Like The Sun’ via Universal Music this summer and looks certain to set the season ablaze.
‘Burning Like The Sun’ is the first single taken off the band’s debut album, ‘Replay Terror’ to be released in June and showcases PLASMA’s broad range of styles and influences. Their melodic mixture of revved up guitars and banging synths won the young band numerous fans across Europe and they now bring their inimitable style across the channel to the UK.
Childhood friends Carlo Lardi (Vocals, Bass), Manuel Jacomet (Guitar, Keys, Programming) and Mauro Buechler (Drums) bonded over the love of old school metal and 80s new wave while attending the same school in Switzerland. Championed by Kissy Sellout who discovered a demo of theirs online and produced a Kissy Club remix that was rotated heavily on his BBC Radio 1 show. The band were also invited to perform live on the catwalk for Radio Energy’s (Switzerland’s Radio 1 equivalent) Energy Fashion Night in May this year alongside fashion labels like Swarovski, Scotch & Soda and Beldona. Watch the video here.
Now, PLASMA are about to release their debut album ‘Replay Terror’, featuring razor-sharp guitars, falsetto vocals, melodic synthesizers and off beat drums. Recorded over a period of four years across various countries like Germany, Sweden and Switzerland, the album showcases eleven painstakingly crafted songs of love, life and death. Coupled with their hi octane, no holds barred live performances, PLASMA are definitely one’s to watch this year.
- Sirena releases official music video 'Lunar Lights' for new single on Universal Music
- American-French artist Allyson Ezell releases new single 'Talk To Me' on Universal Music
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Indirections release new single from 'Clockworks' out Feb. 25 on Invogue Records
- Frank Turner to release 'Polaroid Picture' EP Feb. 4 on Xtra Mile/Interscope Records
- Middle Class Rut release 'Pick Up Your Head' video, on tour now with Chevelle