The southern California trio SET TO STUN has signed to Tragic Hero Records and are set to release their debut EP Dreamcatchers this summer. After appearing on festivals like South By So What?! and Vans Warped Tour, they gained thousands of views on their YouTube videos and caught the attention of the label.
“We are really excited to have the band on our roster,” says Tragic Hero CEO Tommy LaCombe. “They are truly a cinematic experience without limitations.”
The multi-layered theatrical sound created by Damien Wong (vocals/guitar), Taylor Wong (bass/vocals), and Marcus Molina (drums) hinges on the intense lyrics that are relate-able to many different situations. Whether you’re going through a break-up, dealing with a drug addiction, being shipped off to war, or just trying to pursue your dreams, there is a little something here for everyone. More inspired by science-fiction and horror movies than the post-hardcore bands that they have been compared to, they describe themselves as the “Quentin Tarantino of rock-n-roll.”
Tragic Hero Records links:
- Invent Animate signs to Tragic Hero Records, stream debut song now
- Tragic Hero Records announces signing of California death metal band Aethere
- Bad Luck announce Florida tour with Reveal Renew & Old Again; new song on bandcamp
- Nevada Rose streams debut Tragic Hero Records album 'Paint Me In Light'
- Tragic Hero Records streams full-length Strawberry Girls documentary
- Los Angeles based duo Siren release new video/single 'I Think I Like You'