After the departure of longtime drummer, Moe Carlson, Protest The Hero enlisted Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler to fill the position for the recording of their forthcoming album, Volition. Now with extensive touring on the horizon, the band has decided to fill the slot permanently with Mike Ieradi. Here is the statement from the band
“Finding a new drummer has proven to be a tough task! We had interest and video submissions from many friends, fans, and family alike (yes, Choadie’s mom sent in a video of her ripping “c’est la vie!”). Every single one of those submissions was wonderful – but we realized it was going to be impossible to select a drummer based on a YouTube video. We needed someone who we knew. Someone who we thought we wouldn’t murder and leave at the side of the road two weeks into tour. We think we have found that person in Mike Ieradi – a Canadian fella we met many moons ago.
What’s that you say? Mike is already in another band? Yes, he is. He will be playing in two bands on this upcoming tour. He will be opening with his band The Kindred and will then wrap the night up playing with us. Despite pulling double duty on this tour, he IS the newest member of pth and will hopefully be with us until we hang up the old jazz picks. No pressure Mike! ”
Mike Ieradi comments, “Hey everyone! Mike Ieradi here, and happy to announce my new role in Protest the Hero. I’m excited to be a full blown member of a great band with some great friends, and looking forward to the future with these goons. Stoked to see everyone out on this upcoming tour, and I hope you enjoy watching me sweat my way through two sets with Protest and The Kindred. It should be a fun one!”
Volition will be released October 29th with the world tour commencing October 7th in Ottawa, Canada.
Volition is available for pre-order on iTunes here: http://bit.ly/VOLITION.
Volition is also available for preorder at protestthero.merchnow.com.
- Protest The Hero Announce The Release And Title Of Their 4th Studio Album; Volition Set For Worldwide Release October 28th/October 29th
- Protest The Hero Announce Volition North American Tour With Architects
- Protest The Hero Preorder Goes Live Today; Volition Album Cover Revealed and First Single “Clarity” Streaming Now
- Indiegogo Teams Up With Protest The Hero For Europe/UK Volition Tour
- Protest The Hero Launch Interactive Fan-Sourcing Experience To Reveal The “Real” Volition Artwork
- Progressive metal band Meaxic releases new single 'On Instinct'