Photo by Pat Bolduc
Continuing the sleight of hand marketing skills that have defined their career, Protest The Hero today announce that the artwork revealed two weeks ago as the cover for their new album, Volition, is not the actual cover art but instead the artwork for an outer CD container. The band and U.S label, Razor & Tie, have created an interactive app to reveal the true art. Below is the app description from the band.
Today we launch a unique, interactive fan-sourcing experience to reveal the Jeff Jordan-created artwork for our forthcoming album Volition. Playing off the night vision-equipped vultures featured in the artwork, each fan’s visibility is restricted to the immediate area surrounding their cursor, giving them limited access to the illustration. Each visitor’s viewfinder moves simultaneously amongst the others, forming a real-time flock of crowd-sourced clarity – fans must work together to expand their collective vision and reveal the artwork in its entirety. The link for the app is: http://volition.protestthehero.ca
Also today, Volition is available for pre-order on iTunes. Those pre-ordering the album will be able to immediately download the first single from Volition, “Clarity.” To preorder Volition from iTunes, go to: http://bit.ly/VOLITION.
Volition is also available for preorder at protestthero.merchnow.com.
The Volition world tour starts November 7th in Ottawa, Canada.
- Protest The Hero Announce The Release And Title Of Their 4th Studio Album; Volition Set For Worldwide Release October 28th/October 29th
- Protest The Hero Announce Volition North American Tour With Architects
- Protest The Hero Preorder Goes Live Today; Volition Album Cover Revealed and First Single “Clarity” Streaming Now
- Indiegogo Teams Up With Protest The Hero For Europe/UK Volition Tour
- Protest The Hero Announce New Drummer
- Destrage to film documentary on Protest the Hero tour; new guitar tutorial online