Check out psych-rock foursome, The New Highway Hymnal, and their new single “Television” off upcoming LP, Reverb Room, set to release later this year. Listen HERE.
The band has been featured by Noisey, Allston Pudding, The Deli Magazine, The Improper Bostonian and many more and has opened for well-known bands to include Wavves!
Since the release of their debut 7-Inch album titled Blackened Hands in 2012, The New Highway Hymnal has been making a name for themselves in Boston by drawing in audiences with the intense and engaging quality of their live shows. They have been described as energetic, loud and sometimes dangerous.
The band members (Hadden Stemp – vocals/guitar), (Amelia Gormley – bass/vocals), (Charlie Northern – guitar/vocals), (Travis Hagan – drums/ percussion) consist of four friends from the north shore of Massachusetts. Their experimental psychedelic garage-pop sound has been influenced by artists coming from a variety of genres such as 60s pop (The Beatles), 70s garage rock (the Stooges), and late 80s/early 90s shoegaze (Jesus and Mary Chain, Spacemen 3).
Recently the band embarked on several tours and had the opportunity to perform at SXSW twice. In August of 2013 they opened for WAVVES at the Paradise Rock Club, and then it was straight back into the studio to record the follow up to their first full-length album Whispers (2012).
- Fourth & Coast release new single teaser ft. The Ready Set; tour with X Factor's Jennel Garcia
- The Number Ones release new song from Self Titled album out Aug.5 on Deranged Records
- London Pop-Rock band HEEL release single from upcoming 'Stranger Just The Same' EP
- Scare Don't Fear release new single 'City Of Skeletons'
- R.A. (Rude Awakening) release new track new album 'Collateral Damage'; pre-order now
- Trophy Eyes announce new album 'Mend, Move On' out 11/4 on Hopeless Records; new song and video