Formed in early 2007, Reading-based Folk-Punk outfit Smokey Bastard started with the intention of being the UK’s answer to the likes of Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly. After self-releasing their debut album, “Propping Up the Floor” in 2009, Smokey Bastard began incorporating influences from further afield resulting in 2011’s “Tales From The Wasteland”, released on Bomber Music.
After touring the UK and mainland Europe, playing a live Maida Vale session for the BBC Radio 1 Punk Show and countless festival appearances, Smokey Bastard are now ready to release their third offering, “Back to the Drawing Room”. With a more progressive approach to rhythm and song writing, Smokey Bastard are pushing the limits of what you thought Folk-Punk could be.
“A couple of months ago we were invited to be a part of Groupees Pirate Bundle. It combines video games, digital comics and music, so it sounded like our kind of thing. There’s only 4 days left to get your hands on the Pirate Bundle, featuring our second album. “Tales From The Wasteland” which is out now on Bomber Music, and it’s It’s pay-what-you-want with money going to Direct Relief, so go and do a good thing and get some good stuff.”
The Pirate Bundle, including ‘Smokey Bastard – Tales From The Wasteland’, a number of other bands, comics and games is available through Groupees, here: https://groupees.com/yar
Catch Smokey Bastard On Tour:
Fri 10 Jul – Caversham Festival, Reading
Sat 11 Jul – Basingstoke Live, Basingstoke
Sat 18 Jul – Pedro Pico Pop, Raalte, Netherlands
Sat 01 Aug – The Phoenix Bar, High Wycombe
Fri 28 Aug – Fuk Reddin, London
Fri 04 Sep – Mersea Island National Scooter Rally 2015, Essex
Fri 02 Oct – Bournemouth Punx Picnic
- "Groupees" Team With Major Rising EDM Names on "Bass 2" To Raise Funds for an AMAZING Cause With AMAZING EDM Fan Perks
- The Front Bottoms release 'Rose' EP Jun.17; Festival dates and tour with Say Anything, The So So Glos, You Blew It!
- Butcher Babies' Carla Harvey reveals excerpt from new novel
- Reading-based quartet The Amazons share new video 'Ultraviolet'
- Funeral Sounds announces comeback releases Heccra, Alomar, and weak.
- Canadian punk rock nomads Kill Matilda sign with Little Heart Records; new EP in August