Oklahoma City-based punk act Red City Radio announced last week the departure of founding member Paul Pendley. The co-vocalist and guitarist parted ways with the band amicably, and now the group has an announcement about his replacement.
Vocalist/guitarist Garrett Dale released the following statement on behalf of the band:
We know you’ve had a rough week after hearing the news our brother Paul would no longer be with Red City Radio.. Well, I hope this cheers y’all right up!
Help us welcome our new guitar player and long time friend RYAN DONOVAN to Red City Radio!!!!
Ryan will accompany us on all future tours including our Europe run coming up next month!!! He’s a great guy and he wants to party with you!
A whole shit ton of stuff will be coming your way very very soon.
The lineup change will take place almost instantly. Paul’s last show with Red City Radio will be in the group’s hometown of Oklahoma City on April 12 at The Conservatory. Tickets can be picked up here.
In April, Ryan (who is the current bassist for punk act Nothington) will join the band for their first tour together overseas. Check out all of Red City Radio’s European tour dates here!
Garrett Dale, who took the vocal lead on most of the songs on Red City Radio’s 2013 sophomore LP, Titles, will become the band’s main vocalist now. Fans should expect many great things out of the band moving forward.
- Red City Radio To Release "Titles" on October 15
- Red City Radio Debuts First New Song from "Titles," Launches Preorders
- Red City Radio's New Music Video Is A Must-Watch
- Red City Radio Streams 'Titles' & Offers LP for $5
- Red City Radio, Elway and Direct Hit! Announce Tour Dates
- Strung Out announce 'Transmission.To.The.Nation' tour with Masked Intruder, Red City Radio, La Armada