“This is the first set of music that we have all been truly satisfied with,” says Robin Adams, vocalist of UK progressive metal trio Red Seas Fire; “This new release is, to us at least, the first record that shows what we are truly capable of.”
The new release in question is ‘Confrontation’, the latest strike of the Bristolian’s sprawling creative vision, which will eventually be combined with its predecessor ‘Exposition’ and a third E.P ‘Resolution’ (set for release later in 2014) to create the band’s next full length.
“We have set out to create an album’s worth of music that potentially feels like a continuous movement of music,” says Adams, who is joined in RSF by Pete Graves (guitars / electronics) and Jake Fogarty (drums); “The music for ‘Confrontation’, ‘Exposition’ and ‘Resolution’ was written to a theme, a narrative, so as to help give the songs a better sense of ebb and flow; it is the 2nd out of the 3 instalments in our ‘Mise En Scène’ series, which will eventually come to together to be released as a full album.”
Confidently straddling goliath grooves and layers of melody and sonic ambience, ‘Confrontation’ certainly lives up to its moniker, boasting some truly visceral riffing set against a soundscape of rolling groove and melodic peaks.
“We feel that we have created our own brand of Heavy Metal,” says Adams. “It barrels out of the speakers to deliver an auditory experience ranging from terrifyingly ferocious riffs, to exhilarating melodic highs, and ‘Confrontation’ sees us well and truly get down to business.”
- Red Seas Fire release new EP 'Confrontation' as free download
- UK progressive metal trio Red Seas Fire have unveiled their new video for track 'Compass'
- Run Things release 'Dumb In The Sun' 7" on White Iris Records
- BELZEBASS releases "Welcome To Hell" EP & disturbing NSFW music video
- Chuck Ragan to release 7" Feb. 25; new album 'Till Midnight' out Mar.25 on SideOneDummy Records
- NYC indie rock band CHAPPO release 'Future Former Self' on Votiv Music