REPTILE YOUTH have once again released another fantastic almost-short-film-come-music-video for their new single Above. Starring a bloodied and broken lead singer Mads Damsgaard Kristiansen (see above…), a bewildered bassist Esben Valløe and a supporting cast of a professional MMA fighters, east end looking villains and Geisha-like beauties that really create an intense and spellbinding piece of film. Directed by Lasse Martinussen, he had this to say about the inception and creative vision behind the video:
“The video is the result of my very first confrontation with the band years ago where I witnessed one of their early shows. I had heard about their crazy shows in China just before the show so they already had this strange, almost ancient, mythology around them. The lead singer was beyond performing; almost sacrificing himself to his biggest belief, while the bassist was hypnotizing through the music. It was something I had never experienced before, something tremendous, sexy, epic, violent and something I had to pursue. I tried to do with the video, what the performance did to me that night.”
Above is part of their new album Rivers That Run For a Sea That Is Gone which is available here: http://smarturl.it/above-reptileyouth
- Reptile Youth release new video for 'JJ' from new album out Mar.10
- Reptile Youth announce new track 'JJ' and London show
- Reptile Youth releases new single 'We're All In Here'
- Reptile Youth release full stream of new album 'Rivers That Run For A Sea That Is Gone'
- Reptile Youth stream new single 'Structures'
- Sun Club release 'Cheeba SwiftKick' video; new tour dates